CBD oils and treats for dogs are one of the fastest-growing, all-natural remedy trends this year. Based on what pet CBD experts say, one of the most trusted manufacturers for these products is King Kanine — a company founded in 2015 that specializes in a select few all-natural pet CBD and grooming products.
King Kanine claims their products contain the purest CBD (0% THC) and all-natural ingredients you’ll find, but do their oils, treats and other CBD products — and company practices — live up to what they promise?
Visit King Kanine’s Website
4.4 / 5
- Fully-tested by a Certified ISO-17025 Lab (all results available on website & with product packaging)
- CBD derived from non-GMO and organic hemp
- All CBD & ingredients are pesticide and solvent free
- Gold-standard CO2 process used to extract CBD from hemp plants
- Treats are cooked at a low heat to maintain quality
- Treats made from all-natural, organic and gluten-free ingredients
- CBD oils and treats are for dogs and cats
- Made in the USA
- 30-day money back guarantee
- Treats are expensive compared to other CBD dog treats
- Treats only available in one strength (3mg CBD)
- Some negative reviews about poor customer service
- Carries a variety of organic and all-natural CBD and grooming products specially developed for pets
- All CBD products are 100% THC free
- Website has all the full panel testing results from the ISO 17025 certified third-party laboratory that tests all of their products
- CBD is suspended in arctic krill oil, which is rich in omega-3s and essential fatty acids making it a great antioxidant for pet wellness
- Won a 2018 Pet Business Industry Recognition Award for their King Kalm CBD Soothe spray
- Company helps raise funds and awareness for the ASPCA
Learn More About King Kanine In Our Interview With Its Co-Founder
Shipping is free in the U.S. with all orders over $100. Products ship within 1-2 business days.
KING KALM CBD Oils (For Dogs & Cats)
Each bottle contains 30ml of CBD oil. The following prices are based on the concentration of cannabidiol in each bottle. Ingredients include naturally occurring broad-spectrum CBD and arctic krill oil.
Click here to jump down to our dosing section to know which bottle to purchase (based on your pet’s weight) and more information about CBD oil dosing.
KING KALM Crunch (For Dogs & Cats)
These all-natural CBD cookies for dogs and cats are formulated by licensed pharmacists with naturally-derived cannabidiol. Each treat contains 3mg CBD, and there are approximately 30 treats in each bag.
- Blueberry Apple Flax Blaze: blueberries, sweet potatoes, eggs, diced apples, honey, oat flour and flax seeds
- Organic Apple Cinnamon Summer: organic apples, cinnamon, oat flour, turmeric and black peppercorn
- Honey Roasted Almond Oats Almighty: almonds, eggs, honey, rolled oats, oat flour, turmeric and black peppercorn
- $34.99 per bag
KING KALM Soothe
This 4-oz topical CBD anti-itch spray reduces inflammation and soothes pain and itching due to dermal abrasions, hot spots and dry, cracked skin.
Ingredients include CBD oil, aloe vera, chamomile, tea tree oil and colloidal silver.
KING KALM Balm
Use this 1.75-oz jar of topical CBD balm to moisturize your dog’s paws and to help protect their feet from rough terrain, hot pavement or when it’s snowy and icy.
Ingredients include natural beeswax, CBD oil, coconut oil, manuka honey and essential oils.
KING KALM CBD Mange & Mite Management Spray
Helps soothe pets suffering from skin or paw problems. The spray includes CBD and soothing antibacterial ingredients. It works well in treating mange in dogs and ringworm in cats.
Pet Grooming Products
KING KLEAN Natural Dog Shampoo
This 16-fl-oz all-natural dog shampoo is hypoallergenic, eco-friendly and non-toxic. Ingredients include coconut oil, jojoba oil, lemongrass, aloe vera, olive oil and rosemary oil.
This 1.75 oz foaming pet claw cleaner is non-toxic and formulated to kill 99.99% of all bacteria and germs that dogs carry around daily. It also kills ringworm and roundworm (post-larval state) and softens paws. Active ingredients include Benzalkonium Chloride (BAC) and Triethylene Glycol.
KING KOMB Deshedding Tool
KING KLEAN Pet Bed Spray
Deodorizes your pet’s bed and eliminates odors left on other fabrics like furniture and auto upholstery. Kills 99% of bacteria and has a natural lemongrass scent.
KING KLEAN In Between Bath (Pet Odor Eliminator) Spray
The aloe vera and lemongrass scent is gentle on pets leaving their coat feeling smooth and smelling great.
Knowing which concentration of CBD is right for your pet and how much to give him can be confusing, for sure. Here are some helpful guidelines from King Kanine, but consult with your vet before giving your dog any amount of CBD.
Which CBD Oil Bottle Do I Purchase?
- Small-sized pet 20 lbs & under: 75mg bottle (approximately 2.5mg of CBD/1ml)
- Medium-sized pet 21-50 lbs: 150mg bottle (approximately 5mg of CBD/1ml)
- Large-sized pet 51-75 lbs: 300mg bottle (approximately 10mg of CBD/1ml)
- Extra Large-sized pet over 75 lbs: 600mg bottle (approximately 20mg of CBD/1ml)
How Much Do I Give My Pet?
Individual dosing depends on your pet’s exact weight, existing health conditions and whether you’re using CBD for general wellness, therapeutic effects or for medicinal purposes. Each KING KALM CBD oil comes with a detailed dosing chart. You can also find this chart on their website on each individual CBD oil product page (just to the left of the product’s picture — click on the chart to enlarge).
How Often Should I Give It?
King Kanine recommends administering CBD oil 1-2 times a day. Their website also includes this advice: “Due to recent studies and customer reviews, splitting the recommended dose into two servings has proven most effective.”
How Do I Use The Syringe?
Check out this brief video to see how to use their oral dosing syringe.
The founders of this website have a 12-year-old, 50 lb Lab mix, Bella, that suffers from arthritis pain. They use King Kanine’s CBD Oil (150mg) daily and also tried the King Kalm Crunch Blueberry Apple Flax Blaze treats.
Bella responds well to 1.5 mg a day of the 150mg CBD, and luckily, 1.5 mg of the 150mg CBD oil is equivalent to about 1/2 a treat, so they can be used interchangeably for Bella. She loves them both — the treats, because, what Lab doesn’t love treats? But, she also loves the oil because it is mixed with krill (fish) oil, making for a tasty snack as well.
Bella is noticeably less restricted in her movements and can do more exercise on days when the King Kanine CBD products are administered. The best part is that we don’t have to worry about side effects since there are no known concerns.
Visit King Kanine’s Website
King Kanine’s CBD and other all-natural products are effective and safe for your pets. Their devotion to quality and transparency of ingredients and testing results makes them a trustworthy manufacturer of some of the best, most pure CBD oils, treats and topicals you’ll find.
While their products don’t come cheap, you don’t want to trade purity and safety to save a few bucks. We want only the best for our furry friends! Be sure to see how King Kanine compares to other top manufacturers in our article, best CBD oil for dogs.
Have you tried other CBD oils or products? Which would you recommend?